Thursday, August 14, 2008

New Blog March 2007

Well, this is my first blog. Kind of a new experience. Hopefully friends and family will be able to keep up easier, this way. For security's sake, I will not post any real names. Those of you who know us should be able to figure out who is who.

We are a family of 11, Papa, Mama--Nelly (one of the twins calls me "Mudder" like in "Bambi") and 9 children, Ralph 17yob, Kit 15yog, Mark 14yob, 11yob, D 10yob, n 8yob, S 5yog, and twins H & M 3yog.

We live on 3.6 acres, about half of which is wooded (we call it Narnia) and the other half has the house, yard and 1/2 acre pasture. We have chickens, ducks, llamas, jacob sheep and a new pygora goat (Pygmy/Angora cross). I recently illustrated a book cover for a fellow MOMYS and bought a spinning wheel and the goat with my earnings. I've been spinning up a storm! It's very relaxing, and I can talk while doing it. I made a scarf out of mohair (Angora goat fiber) and a purse out of wool. I am currently spinning the fleece from our very own sheep! We moved here from the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains in October of 05, from the suburbs. So farm life is pretty new to us. Although, most of us are taking to it like a, uh, duck to water, I guess. Sure is a lot of poop. ;)

News as of Friday:

N will be 14 tomorrow. I can't believe he's that old already! He likes photography, video, (except the video camera isn't currently working) and his Alert Cadet group ( http://www.alertcadet.org/ ). He still has his tarantula, it's in a 10 gal aquarium in his room. Oh, and since he's a teenager, he shares a room with R. He wants to be a photographer when he grows up. He is quite dependable and great with the little girls. He's very silly and comes up with voices and jokes and keeps us laughing. He acts very sober when around other people, though, so you might not know that side of him.

Papa, N and R are going to a men's retreat tonight and tomorrow.

Prayer requests:

#1. Papa has been out of work (Computers, IT) and is looking for a job. Pray for God's clear leading.
#2. I have been unhealthy with low thyroid, systemic candida and allergies. Please pray for continued improvement and healing, and an increase in energy.
#3. Praise! The kids are all healthy (except for a few sniffles) and doing great! I'd never be able to run the house without them! 8yo n has learned how to make coffee!
#4. Praise! I got hearing aids! I thought I might have a slight hearing loss, but had no idea it was slight-moderate and actually needed hearing aids! I've been enjoying hearing sounds I have not heard for years, some since childhood... rain on the window, birds singing, inflections in voice, strings in orchestral music, the ladies singing at church :) ....

I've got to figure the picture thing out, so I'm experimenting...
(oh my, that did not work! lol! Back to the drawing board...)

No comments: