Thursday, August 14, 2008

Feeling Better June 18, 2007

I know, it’s been a long time since I’ve written….

I’ve had such low energy and been so tired, all of a sudden I thought to call some good friends in Colorado who have a homeopathic business. They got me set up with some remedies, and within a week I started feel a LOT better! Praise God!! I’m still nowhere near 100%, but I think I’m on the right track. The main thing I’m dealing with is Adrenal Exhaustion. It, in turn, affects the thyroid and pituitary, which affect hormone levels and energy and all that.

I’ve been feeling so much better that I haven’t sat at the computer as much. I cleaned up the sewing room, where K had been carding wool and pygora goat fiber. Now we’ve got it covered with little flannel squares… Got my closet and old clothes gone through, and now I have my eye on the boys’ closet…

Papa had a job interview with the bank, it went really well, but then he heard nothing for three weeks. After much prompting, he finally called, and found out he had not gotten the job, but that they really liked him and strongly suggested he look out for a new position that they were opening. So far, no more news on that score. He has been working more hours at Ace Hardware, installing a video surveillance system and a sound system. He uses a lift, 20 feet up to the ceiling. Yikes!!

Grandpa is doing great. Going at full steam.

The kids are done with school for the year. Yay! We’ve planted some flowers and have done a lot of laundry.

The chicks are almost grown up! They have all their feathers and mama hen left them and has started laying again. Mrs. Bennett, one of our other hens, sat on 17 eggs, 12 of which hatched out about 3 days ago. I was assured that only 10 eggs were being set, so where the other 7 eggs came from is a mystery…. (I think someone was skimpy on the details of how many eggs she let the chicken sit on).

Kittens!! Anybody want one? We have a number to choose from. Susie Q, rescued by Papa from Grandma’s house last summer, and resided for a week in K’s apron pocket, has had her first modest litter of three kittens. They were born on D’s top bunk bed on his sleeping bag. Little 5yo S followed Susie Q up there and was petting her, and then saw a kitten starting to be born, and came running to me in tears, she was so excited. One toppled off the bunk bed and went to that big sandbox in the sky. The other two have to content themselves with life on earth and are killing everything they find until it’s dead (like scraps of paper and beads). They are scared silly of the chickens, though.

Taffy, my kitty, just had her first litter yesterday morning. Again, one didn’t make it, but she has 5 beautiful kittens. Oooooh, they are so sweet! I love new babies! Any kind!

No comments: