Thursday, August 14, 2008

D-Day for T-Day Nov 14, 2007

It's D-Day.

For the turkeys.

17yoR is chopping heads. 16yoK is plucking and cleaning. 14yoN is cleaning up the kitchen. 12yoA, 10yoD and 8yoN are culling the chicken flock. Remember a couple of posts back all those chicks that hatched? A good half of them were roosters. The boys are going to make me a feather duster from their tail feathers. I think a non-laying hen or two might be destined for the pot as well.

6yoS just came in and said in her sweet little voice, "Believe me, Mom, it STINKS outside!" She just had her birthday over the weekend, by the way. AND she lost her first tooth. She's all grown up now. Little sisters H & M were drawing with chalk on the front porch, making train tracks and roads and towns. Now they are in, because it was cold outside.

I am drinking a cup of coffee and enjoying NOT butchering poultry. Anticipating Thanksgiving Day, here at our Little Red House, with Grandma and Grandpa, and my brothers and their families.

I hope 16yo cousin M doesn't freak out about the turkeys too much. She's a bit..... anthropomorphic.

No comments: