Thursday, August 14, 2008

There's a Dog-Sized Hole In Our Lives May 23, 2008

Someone is coming over tomorrow to show us a dog..... a Newfoundland/Black Lab mix. I am so excited! He's 3 years old.

I had to break it gently to my dh... we were at the bookstore getting coffee, and I picked up a dog breed book and showed him a Newfie (my favorite breed), and then flipped the page to the Black Labs. I said, "A mix of these two would be great. Short hair, not quite as big as a Newfie."

He said, "What? How do you know they have short hair? You know something. What are you saying?"

"Well, I found one on Craigslist. I've *Always Wanted* this mix! He'd be great! Remember Annie (our old Newf)? I think it'd be good for the boys to take care of, they want a dog. Dd wants one to go on walks with her."

He looked dubious. He saw the yearning in my eyes. Then he said, "Well, I don't know.... I'd rather have the dog than those geese...." A light bulb visibly appeared above his head. "You can have the dog if you Get Rid Of The Geese."

I kissed him right there in front of everybody. Several people grinned.

I knew those geese were worth something. I already found them a new home. heheheheheh

Hopefully he is as good a dog as he sounds. We'll see tomorrow.

No comments: